Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time

This week I was asked to fill out a survey for the "Getting to Know You" section of the newsletter for my company.  It's just a random set of questions for the employees to learn new things about their coworkers.  Question #4  "What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?"  Whoa! <Time stood still while I thought about my answer>  My answer would be a close tie between:  (1) carrying my daughter knowing that she would die.  (2) burying my daughter having never seen her breathe her first breath.  So...needless to say, I decided to skip this question... I figured this would be a little way too much to put in a monthly company newsletter.

From the day McKinley was born, I have struggled with the fact that I did not get to carry her to full term and that I did not get to see her breathe her first breath. Some days I feel at peace with this and other days, I really struggle.  It's so odd feeling so thankful and happy for the time I had with her, but so sad at the same time for the lack of time I had with her.  I struggle with the fact that I did not get days, hours, or even minutes with her like I was preparing my heart for in the months leading up to her birth.  I also know that no matter the amount of time I had with her, it would never seem like enough.  So please pray for me as I continue to search for peace in this.

 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 3:5-6


2 comments:

Miranda said...

It's crazy that you wrote about this today. I was having these exact same feelings today and found myself in on of those uncontrollable crying sessions. I know exactly what you are feeling and where you are at... but even in my own crying out to God, I have no resolutions to this pain yet. I have an unfortunate feeling that it's going to be one of those emotions that will occasionally crop up for the rest of my life -- until I see her again in heaven. I am so sorry that we have to go through this my dear friend. Know that I am praying for you and am here for you.

Julie Tiemann said...

I can only imagine... There are no words. Just know that we all hurt for you and with you, and look forward to the day when you WILL see her alive!!