Monday, January 9, 2012

Pure Love

Saturday morning, Matt and I attended Hallie's Memorial Service alongside our friends Kara and Jonathan.  As soon as we walked in the doors, I had to remind myself several times to hold it together because the service hadn't even started!  It was absolutely beautiful and breathtaking.  The decor was simple, elegant, and pure.  The service started with a family friend singing a song that he wrote for Hallie called "Hallelujah," which is the meaning of Hallie's name.  Thanks Kara for supplying Matt and I tissues!   It was incredible, and I hope they post it on their blog for others to hear (hint, hint Katie!! :-)  They showed a video of pictures taken at the hospital and also snippets of sweet Hallie just doing simple things like breathing.  The cutest thing I have ever seen was Katie's youngest daughter Farrah who is 2, singing Happy Birthday to Hallie.  After that, I was blown away by the incredible strength and courage of Katie and Chris standing up and talking about Hallie's life.  Hallie knew nothing but love in her short life and it was so very apparent in their voices.  The service closed with the most perfect song by David Crowder Band called "How He Loves."  I have loved this song since the first time I heard it. (This is actually the song that plays on my moms cell phone when I call her!)   One of the most powerful lines of the song to me is "If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking..." I have the song posted at the bottom in honor of the Memorial Service.   Thank you Katie and Chris for sharing with us the beautiful life of your sweet baby girl, Hallie Lynn Green.

On Sunday I attended a baby shower for Kara honoring Dalton.  Even though I just met Kara almost 2 months ago, I feel like I have known her my whole life.  Even our husbands are chatter boxes when they are together!  We were having lunch a couple weeks ago when she so sweetly asked me if I would like to come to Dalton's baby shower.  I felt so honored.  The baby shower was filled with so much love and hope for Dalton.  I just have to say that Kara got the coolest gift ever, a pretty (yes pretty) hospital gown so she doesn't have to wear the dreadful one the hospital supplies!!  One of her friend's mother makes them complete with all the right buttons, ties, and openings just like the hospital ones, just in MUCH prettier and flattering colors!!  I was so glad to meet Kara's family and friends who have supported her through everything.  Kara was asked by the hostesses to bring Dalton's baby blanket and at the end of the shower, everyone gathered around and held part of the blanket and prayed over Kara and Dalton.  It was a time of pure love and I was so thankful to be a part of it.

3 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

Thank you for the sweet, sweet comments. Even just for the decor comments. Sounds silly, but I wasn't able to be there for that sort of stuff, and I wanted it to be as "girly" as our stage can be. Chris' friends at church really went out of their way for us. So nice of them.

and THANK YOU for coming!!! It means more than you know!

I am looking forward to seeing you (and meeting the husbands!) this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

The service sounds just beautiful . . . just like Hallie’s life. I am so grateful Katie and Chris have shared their story with our family. The title of your blog says it all!

BTW . . I’ve never heard of someone making a hospital gown . . . wow!

Love you,
Mom

Julie Tiemann said...

I was so glad I saw you there... You looked beautiful. I agree - the service was just as beautiful and amazing as Hallie was. Such an honor to witness all of you amazing parents walk this painful road with such grace.