Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Scrambled Eggs and Cowlicks

I've said it before, "McKinley has changed my life forever...."

Well, she has not only changed my life emotionally, but she has changed it mentally and physically.

Let me explain.

First, Scrambled Eggs....

Before becoming pregnant, a typical weekend breakfast would include Matt's famous scrambled cheese eggs!  Matt loves scrambled eggs and so did I.  Things changed.  I had heard about food aversions when pregnant, this was mine.  Much to Matt's disappointment, all of the sudden, one day I didn't even want to think about eating scrambled eggs.  I keep saying "scrambled," because I can still eat eggs, just not in this cooking method!  Well, to this day, I still can't eat them.  After McKinley was born, I think Matt had hope (as still does), that this would go away.  Once in a while on a Saturday morning, I still hear the words, "Want me to scramble up some eggs this morning!?"  The answer is still no.

Second, Cowlicks....

I've heard people talk about their hair changing while being pregnant and then also after birth.  About 5 months into pregnancy, I discovered a big change in my hair showing itself in the form of a cowlick beside my ear!  After I dry my hair and before straightening it is when it really shows its true colors! Thankfully I am able to tame it with the straightening iron most days!  I also have this "crinkle" that will just not straighten on the side of my head.

Most people would be annoyed at these kind of changes in their lives, but I just smile and think of my daughter.



.

3 comments:

Made, Born, and Carried said...

Love the title of this post! I had a chuckle! Hope to see you again soon! Jeannie

Julie Tiemann said...

This post made me giggle and smile. I hope that cowlick never goes away so you will always have a physical reminder of sweet McKinley. :)

Noahs Dad said...

I just came across your blog, and I wanted to say thank you for your faithfulness to God and the great love you have for your daughter. You are great parents.