Friday, November 18, 2011

The reason for my blog..

Hey everyone.  I have decided to start a blog!  This blog is in memory of our daughter, McKinley Grace Howard (her story is to come).  I will share things about her as well as about the Howard family in general! 

When we got McKinley's diagnosis, I started searching everything I could find about her condition.  Then, I was given Katie's blog by a friend.  Her daughter, Hallie, was also diagnosed with Trisomy 13.  I found such comfort in reading her blog and I found her blog very "real," which was so helpful for me.  From her blog,  I then found Kara and Miranda, whom I have been speaking with over email as well!  Hi girls!!!  You 3 are such wonderful women and mothers and I am so glad to have come in contact with you!   You have inspired me to create this blog!  It is my hope that another mother finds my blog one day and finds comfort in the fact that "You are not alone."  This is the comfort I've felt from reading the blogs by these 3 women. 

No comments: